Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Breathing tube removed

I had no idea until now that the hospital had computers we could use, oterwise I would have updated more often.
The surgery didn't actually start until about 10:30am (there was about an hr. and a half prior to that for getting him sedated and set up) but the incision didn't actually happen til about 1030. The doc came out about 4pm and told us everything went very and that Tay didn't ended up needing a blood transfusion and that they actually put some of his own blood back in, that was good news.
Jeff and I were the first to see him, they only allow two at a time in ICU and only immediate family. I will let you know soon when you all can come and visit.
Courtney and Amber (Taylor's step mom) were next to see him...it was very hard for them. It was very scary to see him the way he was (I will post pics later) Next was....hmmmmm....I dont remember. I think Jeff's parents then my grandma and Taylor's best friend Nic....poor little guy fell apart...he loves Tay so much. I hate watching other people cry cause it makes me cry more.
Taylor's blood pressure was very low several times yestaerday but it is doing so much better today. The only concern they have today is that his heart is beating a little too fast for his age...they are in the process of trying to figure out why. The good news is that they took the breathing tube out this morning and he is breathing on his own.
He keeps saying he's starving....poor little guy. It will be a while before he gets food. Well I better get back to him before he wakes up cause he doesn't like it when I'm not there.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

YAY!!! Boy I bet you are glad October 5th came and went! Now for recovery! Sounds like you have a wonderful support system! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you! GO TAY!